Medicare Changes 2017

Medicare Changes 2017

If you’re looking for answers to your Medicare questions, look no further.  Today, I am going to write about the Medicare changes for 2017.  This may stir up some additional questions in your mind.  Please give us a call and one of our licensed advisors will be happy to answer any and all of your questions!  Our number is (877) 759-5760.

Each year, Medicare costs go up.  The good thing is, if you have a Medicare Supplement plan, your plan benefits will match the cost increase accordingly.  Medicare covers 80% of allowable charges.  So what does this remaining 20% look like?  The following costs give you a high level overview of what you are responsible for when you have Medicare only.

Part A

Part A is your hospital coverage.

Deductible: $1,316 per benefit period
Days 1-60: $0
Days 61-90: $329 per day
Days 91-150: $658 per day

Skilled Nursing Facility

Days 1-20: $0
Days 21-100: $164.50
Days 101 and beyond: all costs

Part B

Part B is your medical insurance which includes doctor’s visits, x-ray services, outpatient services, durable medical equipment, etc.

Coinsurance: 20%
Deductible: $183 annually
Excess Charges: Up to 15% more than Medicare’s approved charge when provider does not take assignment

Medicare Supplement Coverage

One option to help cover these costs and the annual Medicare Changes is by obtaining Medicare Supplement coverage.  There are 10 plans to choose from, but the most popular plans are plans F, G, & N.  I would highly recommend looking into Plan G and our advisors can explain why I recommend that plan over the Plan F.

To view real time quotes for all of the Medicare Supplement plans in your area, click HERE and a new window will open up to our Medicare Supplement Quote Engine.  Once you enter your information, you will see the rates and one of our advisors will be giving you a call to answer your questions.

Thank you for taking time to read our blog.  If you have questions now, give us a call (877) 759-5760.  Our office hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. CST and on Friday from 8:00 A.M. – 2:30 P.M. CST.  We look forward to speaking with you!

Comments are closed.